• A M Hodge
    We have talk in this forum about 'hubs' and 'clusters' i.e. groups of towers that ring together to achieve critical mass for practices, and then rotate around for services.

How do hub ringers then manage to ring for events such as Harvest and Remembrance Sunday when most churches will have their own separate services at the same time?
  • John Harrison
    there are many places where ringers are able to provide service ringing for several churches because the service times are different at each church. Assuming that special services are held at the same times as normal services that shouldn't be a problem.
    Where it would be less easy is where services are at different churches on different weeks, presumably in joint beneficent where the priest is shared between them. Maybe they would have Harvest on different weeks too, but I don't know how they (priest or ringers) cope at Easter or Christmas.
    I think practice augmentation and supporting service ringing are different. At a prazctice you need a greater number to stretch and develop people whereas service ringing just requires enough to ring something, which can, and probably should, be less stretching.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to your Ringing Forums!

If you would like to join in the conversation, please register for an account.

You will only be able to post and/or comment once you have confirmed your email address and been approved by an Admin.