• Tina
    Ringing 2030 Open Meeting

Sunday 1st September 2024 at 8pm, by Zoom

Come and have your say on the future of the Central Council finances. The meeting will feature short presentations on Ringing 2030 and the financial proposals. It will then be opened to all participants to give their views on these proposals.

The meeting is open all, not just CCCBR representatives.

To reserve your place (and join the conversation) send an email to:

Please include Open Meeting in the title of your email, and also please include your name and location.
  • Jason Carter
    Hi Tina

Well done last night, a useful session.

One of the questions I had coming out of last night was: how many affiliated societies do not have an annual fee which may mean it is going to be difficult for them to support the motion? I am assuming it will be a small minority (either by number of societies or members), but is there a workaround (e.g. a possible grace period of one year where needed) whereby more time could be given to enable those affected societies to get on board? It would seem better to be able to proceed even if only 70-80% could contribute from day 1 rather than need 100% and then the motion doesn't carry, and another year is lost?
  • John Harrison
    I don't know whether all university societies have a one time subscription, but nine are affiliated with over 1100 members between them. Other societies that probably do are the professional societies but only two are affiliated with under 200 members between them. I suspect some of the semi or non territorial societies might also have a one-time subscriiption.
  • Tristan Lockheart
    @Jason Carter @John Harrison

Leeds University has an annual subscription for student members which automatically becomes a free life membership for alumni. This is broadly similar to other universities.

Given the massive imbalance between paying members and non-paying members, the lack of funds to fall back on, and very few sources of revenue, I don’t think there is any prospect of any university society ever paying the new full affiliation fees.
  • Jason Carter
    thanks

1100 ish out of the total of 36,000 ish is only 3%. Do you just carve them out of the initial requirement for a year or two to give more time to think of a longer term solution?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to your Ringing Forums!

If you would like to join in the conversation, please register for an account.

You will only be able to post and/or comment once you have confirmed your email address and been approved by an Admin.